
疫情高風險通知
Jake and Penny are friends. They are talking about the new coronavirus cases in Taiwan.
傑克和潘妮是朋友。他們在談論台灣的新冠肺炎案例。
case(n.)案子
Jake: Did you see the news yesterday? So many new cases.
傑克:昨天看新聞了嗎?好多新案例。
Penny: I did. So horrible. Our company asked all of us to work from home right away.
潘妮:我有看到。太恐怖了,我們公司已經要求所有人立刻在家工作。
work from home在家工作right away馬上立刻
Jake: Mine too. We must stay alert at all times.
傑克:我們公司也是。我們必須時時刻刻保持警戒。
stay alert保持警戒at all times=all the time一直、時時刻刻
Penny: You’re right, but how do I know if I have come into contact with people who have the virus?
潘妮:說的沒錯,但是我要怎麼知道我有沒有跟確診病例有接觸啊?
come into contact with sb.與…有聯繫接觸
Jake: Do you know there is a social distancing app that you can download for free?
傑克:你知道有一款社交距離APP可以免費下載嗎?
download(v.)下載、upload(v.)上傳for free免費
Penny: What’s that?
潘妮:那是什麼?
Jake: It will tell the users if they have ever been to the high-risk areas over the past 14 days.
傑克:如果用戶在過去14天內曾經去過疫情高風險地區就會發出通知。
risk(n.)風險area區域
Penny: Will the app store my personal information?
潘妮:這程式會儲存我的個人資訊嗎?
store(v.)儲存personal(adj.)私人的
Jake: No, it won’t. It uses Bluetooth signals to track your location. The data will be deleted afterwards. Don’t worry.
傑克:不會。它是用藍牙來偵測位置。數據一段時間之後就會刪除。不用擔心。
signal(n.)信號track(v.)追蹤location(n.)位置delete(v.)刪除afterwards之後
Penny: Alright. I’ll download it right now.
潘妮:好。我現在就去下載。