
我真的好窮
Mitch and Vera are colleagues. They are chatting.
米奇和薇拉是同事。他們在聊天。
Mitch: Oh! I’m so poor.
米奇:哦!我真的好窮。
Vera: Stop complaining! It won’t make you rich.
薇拉:別抱怨了!抱怨不會有錢啊。
complain(v.)抱怨
Mitch: How can I be rich then? I don’t want to worry about money anymore.
米奇:那我要怎麼變有錢呢?我不想再擔心錢的問題了。
worry about擔憂、擔心
Vera: You really want to know?
薇拉:你真的想知道嗎?
Mitch: Teach me.
米奇:教我,拜託。
teach(v.)教導-taught
Vera: First of all, you should always be grateful for what you have and say “thank you” all the time.
薇拉:首先,你應該時時刻刻感到知足,並常把「謝謝」掛在嘴邊。
first of all首先be grateful for sth.對…知足感激all the time隨時隨地
Mitch: Really? That’s the magic?
米奇:真的嗎?這就是秘訣?
magic(n.)魔術
Vera: According to Jim Rohn’s study, people who say “thank you” more make more money than those who don’t. He is a famous businessman.
薇拉:根據美國企業家羅恩的研究表示,常說「謝謝」的人比不說的人賺還要更多錢喔。
study(n.)研究make money賺錢businessman商人
Mitch: Well, thank you, Vera. That is very useful advice.
米奇:好的,謝謝妳,薇拉。這真是非常有用的建議。
useful(adj.)有用的advice(n.)建議
Vera: See! You are on your way to getting rich.
薇拉:看吧!你在往成為有錢人的路上。