
英國還是美國尺碼?
Hank and Mia are buying shoes at a shopping mall.
漢克和蜜亞正在商場買鞋。
Hank: These sneakers look nice. I like the shiny color.
漢克:這些運動鞋看起來不錯。我喜歡閃亮的顏色。
sneakers(n.)運動鞋、trainers(英式)shiny(adj.)閃亮的
Mia: What’s your size?
蜜亞:你穿幾號?
Hank: 10 or 11.
漢克:10或11。
Mia: Are you talking about the US one or the UK one? I always get confused.
蜜亞:你是在說美國尺碼還是英國尺碼?我永遠搞不清楚。
get confused混淆、困惑
Hank: Well, it depends. The UK one is based on the Last model. Just times the length of your foot in inches by three and then minus 23. That’s it.
漢克:這要看。英國的尺碼是基於標準鞋模。只需將腳的英寸長度乘上三再減去23就是了。
it depends要看be based on基於、以…為基準Last model標準鞋模、model(n.)模型times(v.)乘以length(n.)長度inch(n.)英寸=2.54cmminus減去
Mia: What about the US one?
蜜亞:那美國尺碼呢?
Hank: The US one is just one size bigger than the UK one.
漢克:美國尺碼就是比英國的大一號。
one size bigger大一號
Mia: And the European one?
蜜亞:歐洲尺碼呢?
Hank: It’s actually still based on the Last model. Anyway, if you wear 10 in the UK size, that’s 11 in the US size. As for the European size, it’s probably 44.
漢克:歐洲尺碼也是基於標準鞋模。反正,如果穿英國10號,美國尺碼就是11號。至於歐洲尺碼,可能差不多是44號。
as for至於
Mia: You should just try them on for size. That’s quicker.
蜜亞:我覺得你直接試穿大小,這樣更快。
try sth. on for size試穿來看看大小quick(adj.)快