
小心起火!
Charlotte and Jon work together. They are chatting before work.
夏洛特和喬恩是同事,他們在上班前聊天。
Jon: It’s so cold today! I’m glad I used some hand warmer packets on my way to work.
喬恩:今天超冷的!還好我上班路上用了暖暖包。
chilly(adj.)冷颼颼的freezing(adj.)急凍的bitterly cold刺骨的寒冷on one’s way to place去某地的路途中on one’s way home回家途中
Charlotte: Yeah, I used some too. They’re cooling down on my desk right now.
夏洛特:對啊,我也用了。現在正放在桌上冷卻呢。
cool down冷卻、使冷靜下來
Jon: Why? Don’t you just need to throw them away when you’re done using them?
喬恩:為什麼?不是用完就直接丟掉就好了嗎?
throw away丟掉、扔掉be done V-ing完成~=have finished V-ing
Charlotte: Yes, but you shouldn’t throw them away when they’re hot. That could start a fire.
夏洛特:是可以丟掉,但不能還熱著就丟,這樣可能會引發火災。
start a fire點火、生火set fire to+物品:縱火
Jon: Oh! I didn’t know that. I thought they were safe to throw away anytime.
喬恩:哦!我不知道耶,我以為隨時丟都沒關係。
Charlotte: Nope. You should let them cool down first. Also make sure to put them in the trash. This will help stop the chemicals inside of them from polluting the environment.
夏洛特:不行喔,應該要等它們冷卻再丟。而且要記得丟進垃圾桶,這樣可以避免裡面的化學物質汙染環境。
chemical(n.)化學物質pollute(v.)污染pollution(n.)污染environment(n.)環境protect the environment保護環境damage the environment破壞環境
Jon: I’ll make sure to do that from now on. I want to have warm hands, but I also want to keep the Earth safe.
喬恩:以後我一定會記得!手要保暖,地球也要守護好。
keep O. adj.維持~的狀態
Charlotte: Great! I’m glad I could share this information with you!
夏洛特:太好了!很開心可以跟你分享這些資訊!
information(n.)資訊provide information提供資訊gather information收集資訊a piece of information一則資訊