
正確的休息方式
Allen and Susie are colleagues. Allen is sleepy.
艾倫和蘇西是同事。艾倫很睏。
sleepy(adj.)想睡覺的
Susie: Are you okay? Pull yourself together. We’re going to have a meeting in an hour.
蘇西:你還好嗎?振作起來。 一個小時後我們就要開會了。
pull oneself together振作、清醒meeting(n.)會議
Allen: Sorry, I just feel tired.
艾倫:對不起,我只是覺得累。
tired(adj.)疲累的
Susie: How come? We’ve just had our long weekend.
蘇西:怎麼會?不是剛放完長假嗎?
long weekend連假
Allen: I don’t know. The more I sleep, the more tired I am.
艾倫:不知道。我睡得越多,我就越累。
the more…the more…越如何就越如何
Susie: You need to find the right way to rest.
蘇西:你需要找到正確的休息方式。
Allen: What do you mean?
艾倫:什麼意思?
Susie: There are two ways of resting. One is the common way, such as watching TV and sleeping. It is necessary to do so, but it won’t get you enough rest in the long term.
蘇西:有兩種休息方式。一種是常見的,例如看電視和睡覺。這些是有必要的,但從長遠來看不會讓我們得到足夠的休息。
common(adj.)普通的such as像是necessary(adj.)必要的in the long term長期來看
Allen: What is the other way?
艾倫:那另外一種呢?
Susie: The other is to do what you enjoy, like exercising and traveling. We all have our own way to recharge the batteries. Most importantly, you should feel refreshed after the rest.
蘇西:另一個是做自己喜歡的事情,例如運動和旅行。我們都有自己的充電方式,最重要的是,應該要能夠在休息之後讓自己恢復精力。
exercise(v.)運動recharge the batteries充電、恢復精力most importantly最重要的是refreshed(adj.)恢復精力、振作精神
Allen: Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind.
艾倫:謝謝!我會好好記住。
keep sth. in mind記著、留意