
支持LGBT群體
Milton and Jeannie are friends. They are sitting in a park.
彌爾頓和吉妮是朋友,他們坐在公園裡。
Milton: Look at that flag over there. It’s so colorful!
彌爾頓:你看那邊的旗子,好繽紛哦!
color(n.)顏色、氣色color(v.)上色
Jeannie: Yeah, it’s really pretty. Do you know what it is?
吉妮:是啊,真的很漂亮。你知道那是什麼嗎?
Milton: No, I don’t. Do you?
彌爾頓:不知道,你知道嗎?
Jeannie: Yes, it’s the rainbow flag.
吉妮:知道,那是彩虹旗。
Milton: Oh, I see. What do the colors mean?
彌爾頓:哦,原來如此。那這些顏色有什麼意思?
Jeannie: Each color has a meaning. Red means life. Orange means healing. Yellow means sunlight. Green means nature. Blue means peace. Purple means spirit.
吉妮:每個顏色都有它的意義。紅色代表生命,橙色代表治癒,黃色代表陽光,綠色代表自然,藍色代表寧靜,紫色代表精神。
meaning(n.)意思、意義heal(v.)治癒nature(n.)大自然natural(adj.)天然的、天生的peace(n.)寧靜、和平at peace長眠、安息spirit(n.)精神spirits情緒
Milton: That’s very interesting! Why do we have this flag?
彌爾頓:這很有趣!為什麼我們會有這面旗子?
Jeannie: It’s for LGBT people. It says everyone is equal and we should love and be kind to each other.
吉妮:它是為了支持LGBT群體。它表示人人平等,我們應該愛護和善待彼此。
LGBT:Lesbian(女同性戀),Gay(男同性戀),Bisexual(雙性戀者),Transgender(跨性別者)equal(adj.)平等的、相等的be kind to對~友善、體貼
Milton: I like that. It’s nice to be kind to everyone.
彌爾頓:我喜歡這樣。善待每一個人是件好事。
Jeannie: Yes, it is. Do you want to learn more?
吉妮:是啊。你想了解更多嗎?
Milton: Yes, I do. Let’s read about it later.
彌爾頓:想,我們待會一起讀更多資料吧。
read about sth.閱讀某事相關資料、資訊