
博愛座坐不坐?
Lillian and Vivian get on the MRT just as the doors are closing.
莉莉安和薇薇安正趕搭上即將關門的捷運車廂。
door(n.)門close(v.)關閉
Vivian: There’s a seat!
薇薇安:這裡有位子!
seat(n.)座位
Lillian: Oh, but that’s a priority seat!
莉莉安:欸,但這是博愛座耶!
priority(n.)優先seat(n.)座位
Vivian: But there’s no one here that needs it. If we sit we can save some space on the carriage, as it’s too crowded.
薇薇安:可現在沒有需要坐的人啊,我們坐下可以為車廂騰出空間,不然太擠了。
save(v.)節省space(n.)空間carriage(n.)車廂crowded(adj.)擁擠的
Lillian: Lately, there’s been too much news about priority seats. I don’t want to be judged.
莉莉安:可最近太多關於博愛座的新聞了,我不想被公審。
lately(adv.)最近priority seat優先座位、博愛座judge(v.)評斷、評論
Vivian: You’re giving yourself too much pressure.
薇薇安:妳給自己太大的壓力了。
pressure(n.)壓力
Lillian: Maybe that’s true, but the concept of priority seats is really a problem.
莉莉安:或許是這樣,但博愛座的設立真是一個問題。
true(adj.)真實的concept(n.)觀念priority seat優先座位、博愛座
Vivian: Priority seats have certainly lost their meaning and intention.
薇薇安:確實失去博愛座設立的用心與用意了。
priority seat優先座位、博愛座certainly(adv.)毫無疑問地lose(v.)失去meaning(n.)意義intention(n.)計畫、打算
Lillian: We should spread the idea that “Maybe someone needs it, but who knows?”.
莉莉安:我們應該把「或許有人需要,只是我們不知道」的概念傳達出去。
spread(v.)散佈
Vivian: Yeah, priority seats are for everyone, and non-priority seats can also be offered to others!
薇薇安:是啊,博愛座人人可坐,非博愛座也人人可讓。
priority seat優先座位、博愛座offer(v.)提供others(n.)其他人