
無法在家工作
Mike and Fenny are a couple. They are talking.
邁克和芬尼是一對情侶。他們正在說話。
Mike: Fenny, there will be a power cut during the day tomorrow. I just got the notice.
邁克:芬尼,明天白天會停電。我剛接到通知。
power cut停電blackout停電power outage停電notice(v.)(n.)注意到、通知
Fenny: Really? How long will the power be out?
芬尼:真的嗎?會停多久呢?
Mike: It will last at least eight hours.
邁克:至少會停八個小時。
last(v.)持續at least至少
Fenny: No way! That’s so long. I guess I won’t be able to work from home because the lights will be off.
芬尼:不會吧!那好久。我猜我沒辦法在家工作,因為燈不會亮。
work from home在家工作
Mike: I almost forgot. Tomorrow is a workday for you.
邁克:我差點忘了。你明天要工作。
forget(v.)忘記、遺忘forget to do sth.忘記做某事workday(n.)工作日
Fenny: Yes. Shall we go to a cafe together? Then I can work there, and you can watch Korean dramas on your iPad.
芬尼:對啊。我們要一起去咖啡廳嗎?這樣我就可以在那裡工作,然後你可以用iPad看韓劇。
drama(n.)劇、戲劇American drama美劇Taiwanese drama台劇Chinese drama陸劇
Mike: That’s a great idea. Maybe we can spend the morning at the cafe and then have lunch together.
邁克:好主意。或許我們可以早上在咖啡廳,然後一起吃午餐。
Fenny: Sure. But where should we go in the afternoon?
芬尼:當然。但我們下午應該去哪裡呢?
Mike: We can go to the public library. I want to read some books there. I can’t watch Korean dramas for eight hours.
邁克:我們可以去公共圖書館。我想在那裡看點書。我沒辦法看韓劇看八個小時。
public(adj.)公共的、大眾的
Fenny: Sounds good. Let’s do that. I hope the power will be turned back on soon.
芬尼:聽起來不錯。就這麼辦吧。希望電很快就會回來。