
浪費時間排隊
Brian and Wendy are at a theme park with their friends.
布萊恩和溫蒂跟他們的朋友在主題樂園玩。
theme park主題樂園、water park水上樂園
Brian: Where should we go first? No carousel!
布萊恩:我們應該先去哪裡?不要說旋轉木馬!
carousel(n.)旋轉木馬
Wendy: Stop reading my mind.
溫蒂:別再看透我了。
read sb.′s mind讀心、看穿某人
Brian: A ride on a roller coaster?
布萊恩:坐雲霄飛車嗎?
ride(n., v.)乘坐遊樂設施一趟、騎乘roller coaster雲霄飛車
Wendy: Sure thing. This brave, huh?
溫蒂:當然。這麼勇敢?
brave(adj.)勇敢的
Brian: No way! There are too many people waiting in line.
布萊恩:不是吧!排隊的人也太多了。
no way不是吧、難以置信wait in line排隊=stand in line、queue隊伍
Wendy: Don’t worry. I bought the pass for the fast track.
溫蒂:不用擔心。我買了快速通行證。
Brian: Sweet! We don’t need to waste any time.
布萊恩:噢!這樣我們就不需要浪費時間排隊了。
waste(v.)浪費
Wendy: Yes. After this, let’s go ride teacups?
溫蒂:沒錯,那等等我們可以去坐咖啡杯嗎?
teacups咖啡杯
Brian: I’ll warn you first that I’ll throw up.
布萊恩:我先警告你,我坐咖啡杯會吐。
warn(v.)警告throw up=puke嘔吐
Wendy: Nice. That’s the whole point.
溫蒂:很好。玩咖啡杯就是要吐啊。
That′s the whole point.才是重點、真正意義所在