
赤腳開車的牙醫
Jessica and Carl are colleagues. They are out having lunch.
潔西卡和卡爾是同事。他們出去吃午飯。
Jessica: Look at that giant truck!
潔西卡:快看那輛大卡車!
giant(adj.)巨大的
Carl: I can’t believe it! It’s a Mercedes-Benz’s UNIMOG truck!
卡爾:我不敢相信!這是一輛賓士的UNIMOG!
Jessica: What’s that? I know nothing about cars and trucks.
潔西卡:那是什麼?我對車真是一無所知。
Carl: This is a very rare truck. I’ve seen its picture on a forum once. It went viral because the owner was driving it with bare feet.
卡爾:這是一輛非常罕見的卡車。我曾經在論壇上看過照片,因為車主赤腳開它,馬上就在網路上瘋傳。
rare(adj.)罕見的、common(adj.)常見的forum論壇go viral爆紅bare feet赤腳
Jessica: That’s a pretty cool style. I’ll give it that.
潔西卡:我會說這真是很酷的風格呢。
Carl: This truck has excellent off-road capability. Many owners have even turned this truck into a camper van.
卡爾:這輛車具有出色的越野能力。許多車主甚至把這輛卡車改裝成了露營車。
excellent(adj.)優異的off-road capability越野能力camper van露營車or motor home or RV=recreational vehicle
Jessica: How much is this truck?
潔西卡:這輛卡車要多少錢?
Carl: It cost like NT$40,000,000. You can buy a mansion with this kind of money. This one is probably the only one in Taiwan.
卡爾:大概4000萬新台幣,都可以買豪宅了。這可能是台灣唯一一輛。
mansion(n.)豪宅
Jessica: Do you know who the owner is?
潔西卡:你知道主人是誰嗎?
Carl: It’s a dentist from Taichung.
卡爾:是一名台中的牙醫。