
飯店隔音不好
Lisa checks into a hotel and tries to sleep, but the room is very noisy at night. The next morning, she goes to the front desk to ask for help.
麗莎入住飯店後想要睡覺,但晚上房間非常吵。隔天早上,她前往櫃台尋求協助。
noisy(adj.)吵鬧的、吵雜的noise(n.)噪音/block out noise隔絕噪音
Lisa: Hi, excuse me. Do you have a moment?
麗莎:嗨,不好意思,可以耽誤你一下嗎?
moment(n.)片刻at the moment此刻、現在/for a moment一下子、片刻
Staff: Of course. How can I help you?
櫃台人員:當然,需要什麼服務嗎?
Lisa: My room is a bit noisy at night.
麗莎:我的房間晚上有點吵。
a bit有點、稍微a bit of少量
Staff: I’m sorry to hear that. Where is the noise coming from?
櫃台人員:很抱歉聽到這個問題。請問噪音是從哪裡傳來的?
Lisa: I think it’s from the next room. I can hear talking and the TV.
麗莎:我覺得是隔壁房間傳來的。我聽得到說話聲和電視聲。
Staff: I understand. Our walls are not very soundproof in that area.
櫃台人員:我了解。那一區的隔音確實比較不好。
soundproof(adj.)隔音的-proof(suffix)防…、耐…waterproof(adj.)防水的/fireproof(adj.)防火的/dustproof(adj.)防塵的
Lisa: Is there anything you can do?
麗莎:有什麼可以處理的方式嗎?
Staff: Yes. We can ask the guests next door to lower their volume, or we can move you to a quieter room.
櫃台人員:可以的。我們可以請隔壁的客人小聲一點,或是幫您換到比較安靜的房間。
lower one’s volume降低某人的音量、把聲音調小
Lisa: If possible, I would like a different room.
麗莎:如果可以的話,我想要換房間。
If possible表達請求、建議
Staff: No problem. Let me check our available rooms.
櫃台人員:沒問題,我來查查看空房。
available(adj.)可用的、閒置的、有空的
Lisa: Thank you. I really appreciate your help.
麗莎:謝謝你,我很感激你的協助。
appreciate(v.)感激、感謝、欣賞
Staff: You’re welcome. We’ll make sure you have a comfortable stay.
櫃台人員:不客氣,我們會確保您住得舒適。
make sure確保、確認comfortable(adj.)舒適的