
有個男人在我房間
Maddie looks upset at work. Richard is talking to her.
麥蒂今天上班看起來很不好。理查正在跟她說話。
upset(adj., v.)不安的、使不安
Richard: Hey, did you not sleep well?
理查:嘿,妳沒睡好嗎?
sleep well睡好
Maddie: No, it’s worse than that. Something happened last night.
麥蒂:不是,比那更糟。昨晚發生了一點事。
be worse than that比那更糟
Richard: What? Someone broke into your apartment?
理查:怎麼,有人闖進妳的公寓嗎?
break into闖入、打進市場apartment公寓
Maddie: How did you know?!
麥蒂:你怎麼知道?
Richard: Just a guess! What happened?
理查:我只是隨便猜猜,發生什麼事情了?
just a guess只是猜猜
Maddie: When I got home last night, I saw the door was already open and there was a man in my room.
麥蒂:我昨晚回家的時候,發現門開著,然後有個男人在我房間裡。
Richard: Wow! What did you do next?
理查:天啊,那你接下來做了什麼?
Maddie: I called the police right away and quietly got down to the first floor.
麥蒂:我馬上打電話給警察,然後安靜地下到一樓。
right away=straightway立刻、馬上quietly(adv.)安靜地get down下樓
Richard: Then what?
理查:然後呢?
Maddie: I waited until the police came. The man was already gone when they arrived.
麥蒂:我就等到警察來。那個男人已經不見了。
be gone不見了arrive(v.)抵達
Richard: Thank god you were okay!
理查:幸好妳人沒事。
thank god…萬幸