
原來是隻小黑貓
Dear Mom,
親愛的媽媽,
Something funny happened last night.
昨晚發生了一件有趣的事情。
amusing(adj.)有趣的、好玩的occur(v.)發生
After returning home from work, I went into the kitchen and started making dinner as usual.
我下班回到家後,像往常一樣進入廚房開始做晚餐。
as usual一如往常
Besides feeling very tired from a busy day at work, everything seemed normal.
除了感覺非常累,因為一整天都在忙碌工作,一切似乎都很正常。
besides(adv.)除了…之外=on top of..., other than...beside(prep.)在…的旁邊seem(v.)似乎=appear
Then all of a sudden, I started hearing an annoying scratching noise on the backdoor.
突然之間,我開始聽到後門上傳來一陣惱人的抓撓聲。
all of a sudden突然間=suddenlyscratch(v.)抓、搔、刮
At first it was kind of quiet, but then it started getting louder.
起初聲音很小,但後來越來越大聲。
at first起初=in the beginning, initially
I quickly opened the door to see what was making the noise, but as soon as I opened it, the noise suddenly stopped and there was nothing outside.
我趕緊打開門,想看看是什麼東西發出的聲音,但當我打開門時,聲音就突然停止了,外面什麼都沒有。
as soon as一…就…as long as只要…就…
After the third time this happened, I started feeling really annoyed.
第三次出現這種情況後,我開始感到非常惱火。
The fourth time, though, I opened the backdoor and finally caught the scratcher — a cute, little black cat!
不過,第四次當我打開後門時,終於抓到了發出聲音的傢伙——一隻可愛的小黑貓!
She must have smelled the fish I was cooking for dinner and the scratching noise was her way of asking for some!
她一定是聞到我晚餐做的魚的香味,所以用抓撓的聲音向我討魚吃!
must have+p.p.表示過去事件的推測
Of course, I gave her a few bites.
當然,我也給了她幾口。
After eating, she seemed very satisfied and purred loudly.
吃完後,她似乎非常滿意,還開始大聲呼嚕了起來。
satisfy(v.)使滿足satisfied(adj.)感到滿足的satisfying(adj.)令人滿足的purr(v.)(貓)發出呼嚕聲
I found out later that the cat belongs to my new neighbors, and her name is Luna.
後來我才發現,這隻貓是我新鄰居的,她的名字叫Luna。
find out發現=learnbelong to屬於…的
I might need to start cooking extra food for dinner because she came back again tonight!
我晚餐可能需要開始多做一些食物,因為她今晚又回來了!
I wanted to email you this story because I know how much you love cats.
我想寫封電子郵件給你分享這個故事,因為我知道你很喜歡貓。
Plus, I thought it was a very funny mystery!
而且我覺得這是一個非常有趣的懸疑故事!
mystery(n.)謎、神秘事件
Love,
愛你的,
Maggie
瑪姬