
做瑜伽治憂鬱?跟吃藥說掰掰
Jason and Nancy are teachers in a kindergarten. They are preparing a kids’ presentation.
傑森與南西是幼稚園的老師,他們正在準備孩子的演出。
kindergarten(n.)幼稚園prepare(v.)準備presentation(n.)演出
Jason: It’s the busiest period now. I feel so stressed and exhausted.
傑森:現在是最忙的時期,我覺得壓力好大又筋疲力盡。
busiest(adj.)最忙碌的period(n.)期間feel(v.)覺得,感覺stressed(adj.)緊張的,有壓力的exhausted(adj.)筋疲力竭的
Nancy: As do I. What exercise do you usually do to relieve stress?
南西:我也是,你通常做什麼運動來紓壓?
as(adv.)如同,一樣usually(adv.)通常relieve(v.)釋放stress(n.)壓力
Jason: I usually go jogging or swimming. What do you do?
傑森:我通常去跑步和游泳,妳做什麼呢?
jog(v.)慢跑swim(v.)游泳
Nancy: I like doing yoga. Based on some researches, yoga is the best stress-relieving exercise.
南西:我喜歡做瑜伽。根據一些研究,瑜伽是最紓壓的運動。
yoga(n.)瑜伽based on根據research(n.)研究best(adv.)最好地
Jason: Wow! I didn’t know that!
傑森:哇!我從來不知道耶!
Nancy: Surprisingly, right? In addition, the effect of doing yoga is the same as that of taking medicine for people with depression.
南西:很驚訝對吧?!此外,對憂鬱症的人來說,做瑜伽與吃藥有一樣的效果哦!
surprisingly(adv.)意外地in addition此外effect(n.)效果medicine(n.)藥depression(n.)憂鬱症,沮喪
Jason: It sounds amazing. I would really like to try it.
傑森:聽起來真神奇,我很想試試看耶!
sound(v.)聽起來amazing(adj.)驚人的,很棒的would like想要really(adv.)非常,很try(v.)嘗試
Nancy: Then we can go to the yoga class together. An instructor is needed to show us the right way to do each position.
南西:那我們一起去上瑜伽課吧!需要有教練來引導我們做每個姿勢的正確方式。
then(adv.)那麼together(adv.)一起instructor(n.)教練need(v.)需要right(adj.)正確的way(n.)方式each(pron.)每一position(n.)姿勢
Jason: I can’t wait.
傑森:我等不及去上課了!
Nancy: You’ll like it!
南西:你會喜歡的!