
重度成癮
Kent and Helen are colleagues. It’s around three o’clock in the afternoon.
肯特和海倫是同事。現在是下午三點左右。
Helen: The guys are ordering coffee for afternoon tea today. Count you in?
海倫:大家要為今天的下午茶點咖啡。要算你一杯嗎?
order(v.)點餐、訂餐count sb. in算某人一份
Kent: Nah, I’m good. I really need to cut down on my coffee intake.
肯特:不用了。我真的需要減少咖啡攝取量。
cut down on sth.縮減intake(n.)攝取量
Helen: Why? It doesn’t hurt to just drink one cup.
海倫:為什麼?只喝一杯也沒差吧。
hurt(v.)受傷、有關係
Kent: Well, I’m already a heavy coffee drinker. I drink two cups of black coffee every morning.
肯特:嗯,我已經重度咖啡成癮了。我每天早上都喝兩杯黑咖啡。
heavy(adj.)重度劇烈的、大量的、heavy traffic繁忙交通、heavy snow大雪
Helen: You’re not alone. According to a survey by Uber Eats, the total amount of coffee ordered via the platform last year can fill two swimming pools.
海倫:不只有你呢。根據Uber Eats的調查,去年透過平台訂購的咖啡總量可以填滿兩個游泳池呢。
survey(n.)調查、poll民調amount(n.)數量、不可數fill(v.)填滿、fill out填寫
Kent: Which coffee shops are the most popular on Uber Eats?
肯特:大家最喜歡喝的品牌是什麼?
Helen: The top three are Louisa, cama Café, and CAFE!N.
海倫:路易莎、cama和硬咖啡!
Kent: What kind of desserts are we having today?
肯特:我們今天吃什麼午茶點心?
dessert(n.)甜點
Helen: Tiramisu and cheesecake. My favorites. Just let me know when you change your mind.
海倫:提拉米蘇跟起司蛋糕。讓我知道如果你改變心意的話。
change your mind改變心意
Kent: Alright. I’ll have one cup then.
肯特:好啦。那我就來一杯咖啡。