
宿醉頭痛
Tom and Anna are friends. They meet the morning after New Year’s Eve.
湯姆和安娜是朋友。他們在跨年夜後的早上見面。
eve(n.)前夕
Tom: Morning…
湯姆:早安……
Anna: Morning. Wow, you look tired.
安娜:早安。哇,你看起來好累。
Tom: I feel awful today. My head hurts.
湯姆:我今天超不舒服,頭好痛。
awful(adj.)很糟的、很不舒服的
Anna: Same. I feel sick when I stand up.
安娜:我也是,我一站起來就不舒服。
sick(adj.)不舒服的、想吐的be sick with…因~而生病call in sick打電話請病假
Tom: Did we go to bed very late last night?
湯姆:我們昨晚是不是很晚才睡?
Anna: Yeah. We stayed up late and drank too much.
安娜:對啊,我們熬夜到很晚又喝太多。
stay up late熬夜stay out晚歸、不回家
Tom: I really need some water.
湯姆:我真的很需要水。
need(v.)需要
Anna: Me too. And maybe some food.
安娜:我也是,還需要一點吃的。
Tom: Not coffee. Something warm.
湯姆:不要咖啡。喝點熱的。
strong(adj.)(味道)很重的weak(adj.)(味道)淡的
Anna: Soup sounds good.
安娜:湯聽起來不錯。
Tom: Yeah. Hot soup helps.
湯姆:對,熱湯會比較舒服。
Anna: Next year, let’s drink less.
安娜:明年我們少喝一點吧。
less(adv.)較少、更少
Tom: Yeah… that’s what we say every year.
湯姆:對啊⋯⋯但我們每年都這樣說。
every year每一年