
發霉的蛋糕
Ken and Bill are roommates. Ken is looking for some food to eat.
肯和比爾是室友。肯正在找東西吃。
look for=find找
Ken: We really need to clean the fridge.
肯:我們真的需要整理一下冰箱。
clean(v.)清理
Bill: Ew, what’s that smell!
比爾:哇,那是什麼味道!
smell(n., v.)氣味、聞起來
Ken: I think it’s from the birthday cake.
肯:我想是生日蛋糕的味道。
Bill: Birthday cake? The birthday party was last month.
比爾:生日蛋糕?生日派對是上個月了。
Ken: Look! It’s all moldy.
肯:它現在一定壞了。看!都發霉了。
Bill: We need to pay more attention to the food inside the fridge.
比爾:我們需要多留心點冰箱裡的食物。
pay attention to sth.留心注意
Ken: Tell me about it! Why are there black dots on the bread?
肯:那還用說!為什麼麵包上有黑點?
tell me about it這還用說dot(n.)點
Bill: They are just raisins. I bought it yesterday.
比爾:那是葡萄乾。麵包我昨天才買的。
raisins(n.)葡萄乾buy-bought(v.)買
Ken: The milk turned sour as well.
肯:牛奶也變酸了。
turn(v.)變成sour(adj.)酸go bad食物變壞stale(adj.)走味的
Bill: Alright. Let’s get rid of all the food waste.
比爾:好吧。讓我們把壞掉的食物丟一丟吧。
get rid of=toss away=throw away丟掉food waste廚餘