
最適合懶人的運動
Thomas is having a conversation with his mother, Judy.
湯瑪斯正在和他的母親茱蒂對話。
Thomas: Mom, have you heard of a new exercise called “slow jogging”?
湯瑪斯:媽媽,你聽過一種新的運動叫做「超慢跑」嗎?
exercise(n.)運動、練習題
Judy: Slow jogging? No, what’s that?
茱蒂:超慢跑?沒有,那是什麼?
Thomas: It’s jogging at a very slow pace, like four to six kilometers per hour, or you can even do it in one spot. Some say it’s the best lazy person’s exercise.
湯瑪斯:就是以極慢的速度慢跑,像每小時4到6公里,或者甚至可以原地跑。有人說這是最適合懶人的運動。
pace(n.)步調、速度spot(n.)地點on the spot在現場
Judy: Wow, that sounds interesting. Has anyone succeeded in losing weight with it?
茱蒂:哇,聽起來好有趣。有人用這個成功減重嗎?
succeed in~成功~weight(n.)體重、重量lose weight減重gain weight增重
Thomas: Absolutely! There’s a 41-year-old guy who went from 110 kilograms to 77 kilograms, and he got rid of his high blood pressure and fatty liver problems.
湯瑪斯:有啊!有一位41歲的男子,從110公斤瘦到77公斤,還解決了他的高血壓和脂肪肝問題。
get rid of擺脫、除去
Judy: Really? How did he do that?
茱蒂:真的嗎?他是怎麼做到的?
Thomas: He did slow jogging every day and controlled his diet. After a year, he made it. I’m thinking of giving it a try too!
湯瑪斯:他每天都慢跑,再加上飲食控制。一年後,他成功了。我也在考慮試試看!
daily(adj.)每天的control(v.)(n.)控制go out of control失去控制diet(n.)飲食be on a diet節食=go on a dietcalorie-controlled(adj.)控制熱量的balanced(adj.)均衡的think of…考慮give it a try嘗試~
Judy: Go for it! I’m rooting for you.
茱蒂:加油!我支持你。
root for~為~加油、打氣