
變色的炫富
Johnny and Zoe are roommates. They are chatting.
強尼和柔伊是室友。他們在聊天。
Zoe: Check out what my cousin just bought.
柔伊:看看我表妹剛買了什麼?
check out瞧瞧cousin(n.)表親
Johnny: Is that a face shield?
強尼:那是面罩嗎?
Zoe: It’s not just any face shield. It’s a Louis Vuitton face shield.
柔伊:不只是普通的面罩,是一個LV的面罩。
Johnny: How much is it?
強尼:要價多少?
how much多少錢
Zoe: It costs NT$37,000. She is just showing off how rich she is.
柔伊:台幣三萬七。她只是在炫富而已。
cost(v.)花費、要價show off炫耀rich(adj.)富有的、poor(adj.)貧窮的
Johnny: Anything special about the shield?
強尼:這個面罩有什麼特別之處嗎?
special(adj.)特別的
Zoe: Well, it can change colors under the sun. My cousin said she bought it because it is from Louis Vuitton. They also rolled out a face mask cover that costs NT$10,000.
柔伊:在太陽光下會變色。我表妹說只是因為這是LV她就買了。LV還出了一個口罩套。要價一萬新台幣。
roll out推出face mask cover口罩套
Johnny: Maybe I’m too poor to see its value.
強尼:也許我太窮了,看不出這個東西的價值。
too adj. to RV太…以至於無法value(n.)價值
Zoe: Trust me. You’re not alone.
柔伊:相信我,不只你,我也看不出來。
alone(adj.)孤單的、單獨的