
想念在學校的感覺
Helen and Charlie are good friends. They are back at school after the summer vacation.
海倫和查理是好朋友,暑假結束後,他們回到學校。
summer vacation暑假,winter vacation寒假,spring break春假
Helen: After the longest summer vacation ever, I found myself missing the feeling of being at school.
海倫:在度過了最長的暑假之後,我發現自己想念在學校的感覺。
find(v.)發現、找到miss(v.)想念
Charlie: So did I. I can’t believe that I am actually happy to see you.
查理:我也是,我不敢相信我竟然很高興見到你。
So did I.=肯定附和句believe(v.)相信actually(adv.)竟然
Helen: Ouch! So, what did you do this summer? Anything fun?
海倫:哎呀!那麼,這個夏天你做了什麼?有什麼有趣的事嗎?
ouch=可表達身體或心理上的受傷
Charlie: Not really. I stayed home with my brother most of the time. We couldn’t go anywhere because of COVID-19.
查理:沒什麼,大部分的時間我都和弟弟待在家裡,由於COVID-19,我們哪裡也不能去。
most of the time=usually通常
Helen: Neither could I. But I read a great series of books written by an American author.
海倫:我也不能。但是我看了一個美國作家寫的一系列很棒的書。
Neither could I=否定附和句series(n.)系列,a series of sth.一系列的⋯author(n.)作家
Charlie: Oh, yeah? What was that?
查理:哦,是嗎?是什麼?
Helen: “Magic Tree House.” It’s about Jack and Annie, who are siblings, going on a lot of adventures and missions with a magical tree house.
海倫:「魔法樹屋」,是有關一對兄妹,傑克和安妮,利用魔法樹屋進行許多冒險和任務。
magic(adj.)魔術的、有魔力的sibling(n.)兄弟姊妹adventure(n.)冒險活動mission(n.)任務,be on a mission執行任務
Charlie: Sounds boring.
查理:聽起來真無聊。
boring(adj.)無聊的
Helen: No, it’s not! The series covers history, science, geography and many more! I had an amazing time reading it.
海倫:才不呢!這系列包含了歷史、科學、地理等等,我看得很開心。
cover(v.)包含geography(n.)地理have a(n)+形容詞+time+Ving
Charlie: I’d rather watch videos on TikTok to pass the time.
查理:我寧可在抖音看影片來打發時間。
I’d rather=I would rather=我寧願pass the time消磨時間;pastime(n.)消遣、娛樂活動
Helen: No wonder your attention span is as short as a TikTok clip.
海倫:難怪你的注意力像抖音的片段一樣短。
No wonder難怪⋯span(n.)一段時間,attention span注意力clip(n.)短片
Charlie: Touché, Helen!
查理:說得好,海倫!
touché表示承認對方的論點有力