
不便宜的教訓
Ben and Aaron are roommates. They are chatting.
本和亞倫是室友。他們在聊天。
Ben: Why were you at the police station this morning?
本:你今天早上為什麼在派出所?
police station警察局
Aaron: Oh, you know that someone scratched my car and made a dent on my hood, right?
亞倫:哦,你知道有人刮了我的車還在我的引擎蓋上留下了凹痕吧?
scratch(v.)刮傷dent(n.)凹痕hood(n.)引擎蓋、rear mirror後照鏡、windshield擋風玻璃、trunk後車廂、gas tank油箱、tyre or tire輪胎
Ben: Yeah. That person ran off right away.
本:嗯嗯。那個人不是當下馬上就逃走了。
run off逃走right away馬上
Aaron: That’s right. So, I went to the police and they helped me to get videos of the security camera.
亞倫:對。所以我去了警察局,他們幫助拿到監視器影片。
video(n.)影片security camera監視器
Ben: Who did it?
本:有看到誰弄得嗎?
Aaron: It was an old lady and the police found her.
亞倫:是一位老太太,警察也找到了她。
Ben: What happened next?
本:接下來呢?
next接下來
Aaron: She now has to pay me NT$ 50,000.
亞倫:她現在必須付我五萬台幣。
pay(v.)付錢
Ben: Well, this lesson didn’t come cheap for sure.
本:嗯,這個教訓可真不便宜。
for sure確實、真的