
買完又退票
John and Tess are at the bus station. They are going to visit their friend, Charlie, in Tainan.
約翰和泰絲在巴士站。他們要去台南拜訪他們的朋友查理。
bus station巴士站visit(v.)拜訪
John: Did you get the tickets?
約翰:你買到票了嗎?
ticket(n.)票
Tess: Yeah. Two one-way tickets to Tainan. The line is so long.
泰絲:對,兩張到台南的單程票。排隊的人好多。
one-way ticket單程票、round trip ticket來回票=return ticketline(n.)隊伍
John: I have some bad news.
約翰:我有個壞消息。
Tess: What’s wrong?
泰絲:怎麼了?
John: I was on the phone with Charlie. He said that he is not in Tainan now. He is in Taichung.
約翰:我剛剛和查理講電話。他說他現在不在台南。他在台中。
on the phone with sb.跟某人講電話
Tess: What? What should we do now?
泰絲:什麼?那現在怎麼辦?
John: He asked us to buy the tickets to Taichung. He will pick us up at the station.
約翰:他要我們買到台中的票,他會來車站接我們。
ask sb. to do sth.叫某人做某事pick up接人
Tess: He can’t just say that at the last minute. I just bought the tickets.
泰絲:他不能等到最後一刻才說啊。我剛剛才買了票。
John: I know. But it’s not your first day knowing Charlie.
約翰:我知道。這也不是你第一天認識查理。
not the first day knowing sb.不是第一天認識某人
Tess: Ugh… I’ll go ask if I can return these tickets.
泰絲:呃,我要去問能不能退票。
return(v.)歸還、退貨