
快樂成長的祕訣
In life, we often wait for big events to celebrate — like getting a new job, passing an exam, or finishing a big project.
生活中,我們常常等到重大事件才慶祝──像是找到新工作、通過考試或完成大型計畫。
wait for等待/wait on sb.伺候某人/wait up for sb.熬夜等某人event(n.)(尤指重大或不尋常的)事情、事件in the normal/ordinary course of events在正常情況下=normallyland(v.)爭取到(工作)pass an exam with flying colors高分通過考試project(n.)專案/housing project住房工程
But small successes also matter.
但其實小成就也很重要。
matter(v.)要緊
They are the steps that lead to bigger goals, and they help us stay motivated.
小成就是邁向大目標的每一步,也能幫助我們保持動力。
take steps採取步驟/take measures採取措施/take action採取行動lead to導致=bring about/give rise to/causeachieve/attain a goal達到目標set a goal訂定目標motivated(adj.)有動力的、受到鼓舞的self-motivated(adj.)自我激勵的
Celebrating small wins can make us feel proud and happy.
慶祝小勝利會讓我們感到自豪和快樂。
proud(adj.)驕傲的、自豪的arrogant(adj.)自大的、傲慢的=pompous
For example, maybe you woke up early to study, finished a book, or remembered to take a walk after dinner.
舉例來說,也許你今天早起念書、讀完一本書,或記得晚餐後去散步。
for example舉例來說、例如=for instancebright and early一大清早remember to VR記得去做某事/remember doing sth.記得做過某事take a walk/stroll散步=go for a walk/stroll
These seemingly little actions show that you are trying your best.
這些看似微不足道的行動都代表你正在努力。
seemingly(adv.)看似地action(n.)行動/actions speak louder than words行動勝於語言do one’s best/utmost盡全力
When we notice and celebrate progress, we build confidence.
當我們注意到並慶祝自己的進步,就能建立自信。
make progress進步confidence(n.)自信boost confidence提升自信
It reminds us that we are growing, even if success takes time.
這提醒我們自己正在進步,即使成功需要時間。
remind sb. that…提醒某人~remind sb. to VR提醒某人做某事remind sb. of sth.使某人想起某事time-consuming(adj.)費時的even though儘管/even if即使
You can reward yourself with kind words, a short break, or a small treat.
你可以用一句鼓勵的話、短暫的休息,或一個小獎勵來獎勵自己。
reward sb. with sth.用某物來獎勵某人rewarding experience有成就感的經驗as a reward作為回報
Remember, every big achievement starts with many small steps.
記住,每一個大成就都是由許多小步驟開始的。
keep/bear in mind記住a sense of achievement成就感
So don’t wait — celebrate your progress today!
所以還等什麼?今天就開始慶祝你的進步吧!
without delay立即