
創造感覺良好環境
Leo and Yolanda are classmates. Yolanda is playing on her cellphone.
里歐和約蘭達是同學。約蘭達正在滑手機。
play on one’s cellphone滑手機
Leo: Yolanda, what are you looking at?
里歐:約蘭達,你在看什麼呢?
Yolanda: I’m answering a poll on Gas. The question is “Who is the most beautiful person you have ever met?”
約蘭達:我正在Gas上投票。問題是「誰是你見過最美的人?」
poll(n.)投票、調查go to the polls去投票opinion poll民意調查the polls投票處
Leo: Gas? What’s that?
里歐:Gas?那是什麼?
Yolanda: Don’t you know that? This app is taking high schools by storm. Take out your cellphone. Let’s create an account for you.
約蘭達:你不知道嗎?這款app風靡中學耶。把手機拿出來。幫你建一個帳號。
take sb. or sth. by storm在~大獲成功、完全征服某人create(v.)創建、創造、創作
Leo: I have to allow the app to access my location.
里歐:我必須允許app存取我的位置。
access(v.)讀取location(n.)地點、位置
Yolanda: Yes, and then you can select our school and see who is using the app as well.
約蘭達:對,然後你可以選擇我們的學校,並看看有誰也在使用這款app。
select(v.)選取
Leo: Done. Oh, I just got my first poll: “Who do you secretly admire?”
里歐:好了。噢,我收到我的第一個調查:「你偷偷暗戀誰?」
secret(n.)(adj.)祕密(的)secretly(adv.)祕密地admire(v.)仰慕、欣賞
Yolanda: Go ahead and answer. People won’t know who voted for them.
約蘭達:去回答吧。大家不會知道是誰投給他們的。
go ahead進行、著手做vote(v.)投票vote for sb.投票給某人vote sth. up投票贊成某事vote sth. down投票反對某事
Leo: These questions are all positive. It can really build up the one who is picked.
里歐:這些問題都是正面的。真的可以增強被選中的人的自信。
positive(adj.)正面的、積極的negative(adj.)負面的、消極的build up sb.讚揚、吹捧某人
Yolanda: Right. They want to create a place that makes people feel better about themselves. And Gas really improves our self-esteem.
約蘭達:對啊。他們想要創造出一個讓人們對他們自己感覺更好的環境。而Gas真的提高了我們的自尊心。
improve(v.)改進、改善esteem(n.)尊敬、敬重self-esteem(n.)自尊