
零食防止電腦當機
Hank and Cindy are both graduate students. They are in a laboratory.
漢克和辛迪都是研究生。 他們在實驗室裡。
graduate student研究生lab=laboratory實驗室
Hank: Ugh. The computer keeps going out of order.
漢克:噢,電腦一直故障。
out of order故障
Cindy: What’s wrong?
辛迪:怎麼了?
Hank: I just can’t run the data I need.
漢克:電腦跑不出我要的數據。
run(v.)運行、執行、run a test執行測試data資料
Cindy: Oh no. Who took the Guai Guai on it?
辛迪:噢,不。誰把電腦上面的乖乖拿走了?
take-took(v.)拿著
Hank: You mean that bag of snacks? I ate it.
漢克:你是說那包零食?我吃掉了。
eat-ate(v.)吃
Cindy: That’s not for you. It’s meant to keep the computer from crashing.
辛迪:那不是給你吃的,放那包零食是為了防止電腦當機。
be meant to do sth.用意是keep sth. from Ving避免、阻止crash(v.)撞擊、當機
Hank: You’re kidding.
漢克:你在開玩笑吧。
kid(v.)開玩笑
Cindy: I’m not. Guai Guai means “be good” or “behave.” It becomes a lucky charm for the machines to run without glitches.
辛迪:才沒有。乖乖的意思就是叫電腦聽話,它變成一種避免機器故障的幸運符。
behave(v.)聽話、順從lucky charm幸運符machine(n.)機器glitch(n.)小差錯、故障
Hank: I don’t buy that. There’s no logic to it.
漢克:我才不相信。根本完全沒有邏輯。
buy(v.)相信logic(n.)邏輯
Cindy: Let me put another bag on the computer, and you’ll see.
辛迪:那我再放一包到電腦上,你就會相信我。
computer(n.)電腦
Hank: Oh my! It didn’t crash this time. I can’t believe it.
漢克:哦,我的天!這次沒有故障,我真不敢相信!
believe(v.)相信