
拉鍊忘記拉
Jenny and Peter met each other online. They are having their first date at a cafe.
珍妮和彼得是線上認識的。他們正在咖啡廳初次約會。
meet(v.)見面、遇到meet三態:meet,met,met
Jenny: Hi, Peter! It’s great to finally meet you.
珍妮:嗨,彼得!終於見到你了。
finally(adv.)總算、最後
Peter: Hi, Jenny! Yeah, it’s nice to meet you in person.
彼得:嗨,珍妮!是啊,見到你本人真好。
in person親自、當面
Jenny: Um, Peter, I think you forgot something.
珍妮:嗯,彼得,你好像忘了什麼。
forget(v.)忘記、遺忘forget to VR.忘記做~forget V-ing忘記做過~
Peter: Oh? What did I forget?
彼得:哦?我忘了什麼?
Jenny: Your zipper, it’s open.
珍妮:你的拉鍊沒拉。
zipper(n.)拉鍊open(adj.)開著的、營業的
Peter: Oh no! How embarrassing! Thanks for telling me.
彼得:哦,不!真尷尬!謝謝你提醒我。
embarrassing(adj.)令人尷尬的embarrass(v.)使~尷尬embarrassed(adj.)感到尷尬的
Jenny: No problem. Better now than later, right?
珍妮:別客氣。現在知道總比晚點好吧?
better now than later現在做比以後做更好
Peter: Really? I guess I was just too excited to meet you.
彼得:真的?我大概是太興奮見到你了。
Jenny: It’s okay. Just try not to make it a habit.
珍妮:沒事。只要不要變成習慣就好。
habit(n.)習慣make a habit養成習慣break a habit改掉習慣=kick a habit
Peter: I promise. First date rule: always check the zipper.
彼得:我保證。第一次約會守則:一定要檢查拉鍊。
rule(n.)規則、守則
Jenny: Good plan! Now, let’s enjoy our coffee without any more surprises.
珍妮:好主意!現在讓我們享受咖啡,不要再有驚喜了。
without(prep.)沒有
Peter: Let’s do that! And thanks for being so cool about it.
彼得:好啊!謝謝你不在意這件事。
cool(adj.)不慌不忙的、涼爽的、酷的