
圍巾和手套
Night and Linda are a couple. They are talking.
奈特和琳達是一對情侶。他們正在說話。
Linda: Night, I will be available this weekend. Let’s go shopping!
琳達:奈特,我這週末有空。我們去購物吧!
available(adj.)有空的、可用的
Night: But the weather forecast says a cold wave is expected to arrive this weekend.
奈特:但氣象預報說這週末預計會有一波寒流來耶。
forecast(n.)預測、預報sales forecast銷售預測be expected to VR預計會~
Linda: Really? It’s the first one of this winter, right? Don’t you think it’s a bit early?
琳達:真的嗎?這是今年冬天的第一波,對吧?你不覺得有點早嗎?
Night: It’s the earliest one to arrive in a decade. Temperatures will drop below 10 degrees Celsius.
奈特:是這十年當中最早抵達的。氣溫會降到攝氏十度以下。
decade(n.)十年century(n.)一百年、世紀temperature(n.)溫度、體溫below(prep.)低於、少於Celsius(n.)攝氏溫度Fahrenheit(n.)華氏溫度
Linda: What? Don’t tell me it will bring rain. I can’t stand rainy days anymore.
琳達:什麼?別告訴我還會伴隨下雨。我受夠下雨天了。
stand(v.)站立、忍受
Night: Unfortunately, it looks like there will be some rain in central and northern Taiwan.
奈特:很不幸,看起來在中台灣和北台灣會下一些雨。
fortunately(adv.)幸運地unfortunately(adv.)不幸地central(adj.)中部的northern(adj.)北部的southern(adj.)南部的eastern(adj.)東部的western(adj.)西部的
Linda: Oh, no. That will make it feel even colder.
琳達:噢,不。那會感覺更冷。
Night: But the weather will clear up on Sunday. What about going shopping then?
奈特:但星期天就放晴了。那時再去購物怎麼樣?
clear up天氣轉晴、放晴
Linda: OK. But I don’t want to freeze to death.
琳達:好啊。但我不想凍死。
freeze(v.)使凍結、使結冰、冷凍保存
Night: We should buy scarves and gloves to prepare for the winter.
奈特:我們應該買圍巾和手套為冬天做準備。
scarf(n.)圍巾