
芝麻還是花生?
Jason and Mia are roommates. They are cooking sweet dumplings.
傑森和米雅是室友。他們正在煮甜湯圓。
-mate(suf.)同伴teammate 隊友flatmate 住同一間公寓的室友
Jason: Oh! Sweet dumplings! Can’t wait.
傑森:哦!甜湯圓!我等不及了。
Mia: The water is about to boil.
米雅:水要煮沸了。
be about to do sth. 即將要boil(v.)煮沸、boiling water 沸水、boiled water 被煮好的水
Jason: What kind of flavors did you get from the market?
傑森:你從市場上買了什麼口味?
kind(n.)種類
Mia: Peanut and sesame.
米雅:花生和芝麻。
peanut花生、sesame芝麻
Jason: I wonder which one is fattier.
傑森:我想知道哪種口味的熱量比較高。
wonder(v.)好奇、想知道
Mia: Well, they are about the same, but sesame flavor has the highest calories.
米雅:嗯,差不多,但芝麻的熱量居冠喔。
high-calorie food 高熱量食物
Jason: It is best that we don’t put extra sugar in the soup then. We don’t want to put on weight.
傑森:那我們最好不要在湯裡額外放糖。我們可不想增加體重呢。
weight(n.)體重
Mia: That’s what I thought.
米雅:我就是這麼想的。
Jason: I heard that the calories of four sweet dumplings are equal to a bowl of rice.
傑森:聽說四顆甜湯圓熱量相當於一碗飯。
be equal to 等同於rice(n.)米飯
Mia: We have to work out after eating these.
米雅:吃完這些我們得健身一下。
work out健身運動