
12月1日起實施
Anthony and Wendy are a couple. They are chatting.
安東尼和溫蒂是一對情侶。他們正在聊天。
Anthony: Wendy, the news says we won’t be required to wear masks outdoors.
安東尼:溫蒂,新聞說我們不需要在室外戴口罩了。
require(v.)需要、要求outdoors(adv.)在戶外
Wendy: Really? I’m so glad that I don’t have to wear a mask outdoors. Whenever I’m in a hurry walking to the office, I can hardly breathe.
溫蒂:真的嗎?真高興我不用在外面戴著口罩了。每當我趕著走去公司時,我幾乎沒辦法呼吸。
in a hurry趕時間、匆忙hardly(adv.)幾乎不breathe(v.)呼吸; breath(n.)呼吸; take a deep breath深呼吸
Anthony: But the indoor mask rules still remain, including on the MRT and train.
安東尼:但室內的口罩規定還是會繼續,包括在捷運和火車上。
indoor(adj.)室內的remain(v.)保持不變
Wendy: So, we have to put on our masks when we are indoors?
溫蒂:所以當我們在室內時要戴上口罩嗎?
put on穿、戴
Anthony: It seems so. But there are some exceptions. We can take off our masks when singing, playing sports, or participating in some speaking events indoors.
安東尼:似乎是這樣。但有一些例外。我們可以在室內唱歌、運動,或參加談話性活動時脫下口罩。
except(prep.)除~之外; exception(n.)例外的事物take off脫下、脫掉participate in參加、參與; take part in參加
Wendy: I see. When will the rules take effect?
溫蒂:我懂了。規定什麼時候生效?
take effect有效、起作用
Anthony: December 1st. I’m guessing many people will still choose to wear masks outdoors. After all, people have gotten used to wearing masks.
安東尼:十二月一號。我在猜很多人還是會選擇在室外時戴著口罩。畢竟大家都已經習慣戴口罩了。
get used to V-ing or N變得習慣於~
Wendy: Maybe. What about big events such as the New Year’s Eve countdown? There will be lots of people crowding together outdoors. Can we remove our masks then?
溫蒂:或許吧。那像是跨年倒數的大型活動呢?室外會有很多人聚集在一起。我們那時也可以不戴口罩嗎?
countdown(n.)倒數crowd(v.)擠remove(v.)移開、去除
Anthony: Well, it depends on the situation. They will tell us then.
安東尼:嗯,要看看情況怎麼樣。他們到時會再告訴我們。
depend on sth.取決某事
Wendy: OK.
溫蒂:好。