
永久停業?
Andrew is talking to his friend Gina.
安卓正在和他的朋友吉娜聊天。
Andrew: Hey Gina! Did you hear the news about Emperor Spa in Beitou?
安卓:嘿吉娜!妳聽說北投皇池溫泉會館的消息了嗎?
Gina: No, what happened? I love their claypot porridge!
吉娜:沒有耶,發生什麼事了?我很愛他們的砂鍋粥!
porridge(n.)粥、稀飯
Andrew: It is closing at the end of March. They want to change the business. After 25 years, they are building a new hotel.
安卓:他們要在三月底結束營業。他們想要轉型,經營了25年後,他們要蓋一間新的飯店。
business(n.)生意、商業、公司get down to business開始辦正事build(v.)建造、修建
Gina: Oh no! That is so sad. I have many happy memories there. Is it closing forever?
吉娜:喔不!好難過喔。我在那裡有很多美好的回憶。它是要永久停業嗎?
memory(n.)回憶in memory of sb.為了紀念某人bring back memories勾起回憶
Andrew: Not forever, but the construction will take three years. They want to make it look like a resort in Bali.
安卓:不是永久,但工程會需要三年。他們想把它改建成像峇里島一樣的度假村。
construction(n.)興建、建造construction site工地under construction正在施工中resort(n.)度假村
Gina: Three years is a long time! What about their restaurant?
吉娜:三年好久喔!那他們的餐廳怎麼辦?
Andrew: Don’t worry! They will still sell their signature porridge for takeout.
安卓:別擔心!他們還是會提供招牌砂鍋粥的外帶服務。
signature(adj.)招牌的、代表性的signature dish招牌菜/signature drink招牌飲品
Gina: That’s good news. I heard they had some problems with old buildings. Maybe a new hotel is a good idea.
吉娜:那是好消息。我聽說他們的舊建築有些問題。或許蓋新飯店是個好主意。
have problems with...對⋯⋯有問題、對⋯⋯感到困擾
Andrew: I agree. It is the end of an era, but I hope the new place is great!
安卓:我同意。雖然一個時代結束了,但我希望新地方會很棒!