
撿棍子訓練
Joan and Don are a couple. They have a dog. Its name is Captain.
瓊和唐是一對情侶。他們有養一隻狗,名字叫隊長。
couple(n.)情侶檔、夫妻captain(n.)隊長its牠的
Joan: Where is Captain?
瓊:隊長在哪裡?
Don: Didn’t you hear him snoring? He is sleeping on our bed.
唐:你沒聽到打呼聲嗎?他在我們的床上睡覺。
hear(v.)聽到、感官動詞
Joan: That’s loud. What were you guys doing?
瓊:好大聲。你們剛剛在做什麼?
loud(adj.)大聲的are-were be動詞變化
Don: I was teaching him how to fetch.
唐:我在教他怎麼撿回東西。
teach(v.)教導fetch(v.)拿、取
Joan: Was it fun?
瓊:好玩嗎?
Don: Not really. He kept fetching the wrong stick, so I had to run after him.
唐:不好玩。他一直撿錯棍子,所以我得在後面追他。
keep-kept(v.)一直wrong(adj.)錯誤的、right(adj.)正確的stick(n.)木棍have to-had to必須
Joan: Haha! Sounds fun.
瓊:哈哈!聽起來很有趣。
Don: It really wore me out.
唐:真是累死我了。
wear sb. out使某人累慘、精疲力竭
Joan: Does he know how to fetch now?
瓊:那他現在知道怎麼撿東西了嗎?
Don: Yep. He did a good job in the end. You can give him a belly rub later.
唐:知道啦。最後他做得很好,等等可以給他摸摸肚皮。
in the end最後belly rub摸肚子