
殘酷舞台,我要活下去
Dave and Vicky are talking about the news recently.
戴夫跟維琦在聊最近的新聞。
talk about討論news(n.)新聞recently(adv.)最近
Vicky: Did you hear that a K-pop star, Kim Jong-hyun, killed himself?
維琦:你有聽說韓流明星鐘鉉自殺這件事嗎?
hear(v.)聽說star(n.)明星kill(v.)殺害himself(pron.)他自己
Dave: Sure. I was shocked by the news.
戴夫:當然有,這消息把我嚇了一大跳。
shock(v.)驚嚇news(n.)新聞
Vicky: He was a popular idol. Why would he do that?
維琦:他是位受歡迎的偶像,為什麼要這麼做?
popular(adj.)受歡迎的idol(n.)偶像
Dave: Some say that it’s because of the pressure of fame. Kim Jong-hyun also struggled with depression.
戴夫:有人說是因為成名的壓力。鐘鉉一直苦於憂鬱症。
because of因為pressure(n.)壓力fame(n.)名氣struggle(v.)苦於depression(n.)憂鬱症
Vicky: I heard that the entertainment industry in South Korea is pretty harsh.
維琦:我聽說南韓了娛樂圈環境很嚴峻。
hear(v.)聽說entertainment(n.)娛樂industry(n.)產業harsh(adj.)嚴峻的
Dave: Yeah. Many K-pop trainees only get paid something like 10,000 NTD per month before they are famous.
戴夫:是啊,許多韓國的練習生在出名前每個月只能拿1萬台幣。
trainee(n.)練習生month(n.)月famous(adj.)有名的
Vicky: That’s crazy.
維琦:這太瘋狂了吧。
crazy(adj.)瘋狂的
Dave: That’s how they survive in the circle.
戴夫:這是他們在娛樂圈的生存方式。
survive(v.)生存circle(n.)圈子
Vicky: I hope someone can change this kind of situation. We don’t want things like this to happen again.
維琦:我希望有人可以改變這種狀況,我們都不希望下個鐘鉉事件發生。
hope(v.)希望change(v.)改變kind(n.)種類situation(n.)狀況want(v.)想要happen(v.)發生again(adv.)再次