
甜蜜的負荷
Mary and Thomas are friends. They are having a conversation.
瑪莉和湯瑪士是朋友。他們正在對話。
Mary: Hey, Thomas! Do you have a cat?
瑪莉:嘿,湯瑪士!你有養貓嗎?
own(v.)擁有
Thomas: Yeah, I do! His name is Blackie.
湯瑪士:有啊!牠叫小黑。
Mary: Aww, that’s cute! What do you have to do for him every day?
瑪莉:哇,好可愛!你每天都要做些什麼照顧牠呢?
Thomas: Well, I clean his litter box every morning. It’s part of being his “poop scooper”!
湯瑪士:嗯,我每天早上都會清牠的貓砂盆。這就是當牠的「鏟屎官」的一部分啊!
clean(v.)清理、打掃litter(n.)貓砂、垃圾part of…一部分~
Mary: Haha, I guess that’s not the best job. Is it hard?
瑪莉:哈哈,這工作應該不太好做吧。很難嗎?
best(adj.)最好的、最佳的do one’s best盡力
Thomas: At first, it was kind of difficult, but now I’m used to it. I also feed him and change his water every day.
湯瑪士:剛開始的時候有點困難,但現在習慣了。我每天還會餵牠吃飯,換水給牠。
at first一開始kind of有點=a bitbe used to V-ing/N.習慣~used to VR以前習慣做~feed(v.)餵食feed on以~為食
Mary: Sounds like a lot of work! What does he like to eat?
瑪莉:聽起來工作很多呢!牠喜歡吃什麼?
Thomas: He loves fish cans. As soon as I open it, he starts meowing and runs over.
湯瑪士:牠喜歡魚罐頭。我一打開罐頭,牠就開始喵喵叫,跑過來。
can(n.)罐頭as soon as一~就~run(v.)跑
Mary: Haha, cats are so cute! Do you ever get any “thank yous” from him?
瑪莉:哈哈,貓咪很可愛!牠會不會有對你說「謝謝」的時候?
Thomas: Yeah! Sometimes, after I clean his litter box, he jumps up and rubs against my leg, like he’s saying “thanks.”
湯瑪士:有啊!有時候我清完貓砂盆後,牠會跳到我腿邊蹭蹭,好像在說「謝謝」一樣。
jump(v.)跳rub against…摩擦、蹭~
Mary: That’s so sweet! So, do you like being his “poop scooper”?
瑪莉:哇,真貼心!那你喜不喜歡當牠的「鏟屎官」呢?
Thomas: It’s a little bit of work, but when I see him happy, I am happy!
湯瑪士:雖然有點辛苦,但看到牠開心,我就開心!
a bit of N.一點點~