
無法集中注意力
Ricky: I have had the blues ever since my vacation ended.
瑞奇:自從假期結束後,我就一直感到抑鬱。
have the blues感到鬱悶、失落
Jamie: Perhaps you have Post Vacation Syndrome (PVS)?
傑咪:也許你有假期後憂鬱(PVS)?
post vacation syndrome假期後憂鬱post-traumatic stress disorder創傷後壓力症候群
Ricky: What exactly is that? Is it a kind of depression?
瑞奇:那到底是什麼?它是一種憂鬱症嗎?
depression(n.)憂鬱症depressed(adj.)憂鬱的
Jamie: No. It is a negative emotion you feel from having to return to work after a long holiday.
傑咪:不,它只是一種你在長假後不得不返回工作的一種負面情緒。
negative(adj.)負面的、否定的positive(adj.)正面的、肯定的
Ricky: Okay... What are the symptoms?
瑞奇:好吧......。症狀是什麼?
symptom(n.)症狀
Jamie: You may become anxious and easily annoyed. You may have a hard time focusing as well.
傑咪:你會變得焦慮,容易煩躁。你也會很難集中注意力。
anxious(adj.)焦慮的anxiety(n.)焦慮annoyed(adj.)懊惱的、感到厭煩的
Ricky: What? What did you just say? I didn’t catch that.
瑞奇:什麼?你剛才說什麼?我沒聽清楚。
didn’t catch something沒聽清楚……
Jamie: Bingo!
傑咪:正是!
bingo賓果
Ricky: I don’t follow you.
瑞奇:我不明白。
follow(v.)跟隨、跟著、跟上
Jamie: Bingo! You have PVS. You can’t even focus on what I am saying.
傑咪:你正是有了PVS。你根本就無法集中注意力聽我說話。
focus(v.)專注、集中
Ricky: Oh, my goodness. What has gotten into me...
瑞奇:哦,我的天啊。是什麼讓我........
get into sb.支配某人、使某人行為異常
Jamie: Chill out! Try looking forward to your next trip, and you will get better soon.
傑咪:冷靜點!試著期待你的下一次旅行,你會很快好起來的。
chill(adj.)冷靜的(人)chilly(adj.)冷的(天氣)chill out動詞片語,表示請人冷靜點