
豪雨惹的禍?
Nancy and Scott are colleagues. They are chatting.
南西和史考特是同事,他們在聊天。
colleague(n.)同事
Nancy: Hey, Scott. It seems that everybody in town is talking about the blackout last night.
南西:嘿,史考特,看來鎮上的每個人都在談論昨晚的停電呢。
seem(v.)看起來好像、似乎
Scott: I know. What a night!
史考特:對啊,真是糟糕的一晚!
感嘆語氣=What a(+形容詞)+名詞(+主詞+動詞)
Nancy: What were you doing when the lights went out?
南西:停電時你在做什麼?
過去進行式=主詞+was(were)+Vinggo out熄滅
Scott: I was watching TV. What about you?
史考特:我在看電視,你呢?
Nancy: I was washing my clothes at the laundromat, and suddenly it was all dark. I was so scared.
南西:我在自助洗衣店洗衣服,突然一切都變黑了,嚇死我了。
laundromat(n.)自助洗衣店suddenly(adv.)突然地scared(adj.)吃驚的、害怕的
Scott: Did you hear what happened to our manager?
史考特:你有聽說我們經理發生什麼事嗎?
manager(n.)經理
Nancy: No. What happened to him?
南西:沒有,他怎麼了?
Scott: He was riding in the elevator when the blackout happened!
史考特:停電時他正在搭電梯!
ride(v.)乘坐elevator(n.)電梯
Nancy: No kidding! That’s terrible!
南西:真的假的?好可怕啊!
no kidding真的假的、別開玩笑了terrible(adj.)可怕的
Scott: Tell me about it. I wonder why the lights went out.
史考特:可不是嗎,不知道為什麼會停電。
tell me about it可不是嗎wonder(v.)納悶、想知道
Nancy: It was raining very hard last night, plus there was the lightning. Perhaps that was the reason.
南西:昨晚雨下得超大,還有閃電,也許這就是原因。
hard(adv.)猛烈地lightning(n.)閃電reason(n.)原因,the reason for something某事的原因
Scott: Who knows?
史考特:誰知道呢?
Who knows?=I have no idea.