
鹽酥雞VS炸皮蛋
Owen is video chatting with his friend from Taiwan, Hailey.
歐文正在與他的台灣朋友海莉視訊聊天。
Owen: Hey, Hailey. How are you doing?
歐文:嘿,海莉。你好嗎?
Hailey: All good. I’m just having some bedtime snacks.
海莉:一切都好。我在吃宵夜。
bedtime snack消夜
Owen: What are you eating?
歐文:你在吃什麼?
Hailey: Some Taiwanese fried chicken and stinky tofu.
海莉:一些鹽酥雞和臭豆腐。
fried chicken炸雞stinky tofu臭豆腐、stink(v.)發臭
Owen: Oh, it really won my heart. I miss it so much. I mean the fried chicken, not the tofu.
歐文:哦,那真的贏得了我的心。我真的非常想念。我是說鹽酥雞,不是臭豆腐。
win sb.′s heart贏得某人的心、很喜愛miss(v.)想念
Hailey: As I recall, you hated the tofu so much.
海莉:我記得你非常討厭臭豆腐。
recall(v.)回想hate(v.)討厭
Owen: I can’t stand the smell. It’s horrible.
歐文:我受不了那種氣味。非常可怕。
stand(v.)忍受smell(n.)氣味horrible(adj.)可怕的、糟糕的
Hailey: I ordered some fried century eggs as well. Do you remember these?
海莉:我還點了一些炸皮蛋,還記得皮蛋嗎?
order(v.)點餐century egg皮蛋=hundred-year egg=black eggremember(v.)記得
Owen: Yes. They are disgusting. I could still remember the taste of them. They really put me off.
歐文:記得,那很噁心。我還記得那個吃起來的味道,我真的吃不下去。
disgusting(adj.)噁心的taste(n.)味道put sb. off讓某人討厭
Hailey: Haha, I know you don’t like them. There’s a Korean guy filming a video about these snacks, and he didn’t like the eggs, either.
海莉:哈哈,我就知道你不喜歡。最近有個韓國人也拍影片在講台灣小吃,他也不喜歡吃皮蛋。
film(v.)拍攝either也是、用於否定