
不痛的美麗
Drake and Anna are friends. They’re chatting.
德瑞克和安娜是朋友,他們正在聊天。
Anna: You know what? I’m thinking about getting a tattoo.
安娜:你知道嗎?我在想要不要來弄個刺青。
think about考慮
Drake: Really? Which part of your body do you want to get tattooed?
德瑞克:真的嗎?你想刺在哪個部位?
get tattooed=get a tattoo去刺青
Anna: I’m not sure yet, but I’ll probably get it on my ankle.
安娜:我還不確定,可能刺在腳踝吧?
sure(adj.)確定probably(adv.)大概ankle(n.)腳踝
Drake: You might want to think twice. Getting a tattoo on the ankle hurts badly because the skin is so thin there.
德瑞克:那你可能要仔細考慮一下,刺在腳踝會很痛,因為那裡的皮膚太薄了。
think twice仔細考慮hurt(v.)痛badly(adv.)嚴重地
Anna: How about getting one on the inside of my upper arm, near the inner elbow?
安娜:還是刺在上臂?靠近手肘內側的地方?
how about N(Ving)要不要(提議)~?on the inside of N在~的內側upper(adj.)較高的lower(adj.)較低的inner elbow手肘內側
Drake: Not the best choice, either. A few main nerves in the arm run right under the inner elbow. So it’s going to cause a lot of pain when the tattooist starts tattooing.
德瑞克:那裡也不是最好的地方,有幾條主要的神經線剛好從手肘內側的皮膚底下通過。所以,刺青師傅開始刺青的時候就會非常痛。
choice(n.)選擇、選項main(n.)主要的nerve(n.)神經cause(v.)造成tattooist(n.)刺青師傅
Anna: Alright. So where exactly is the best spot for a tattoo?
安娜:好吧,那到底哪裡才是刺青的最佳部位?
alright好吧exactly(adv.)到底、究竟spot(n.)位置
Drake: Actually, getting a tattoo on the outside of your upper arm instead will be far less painful. There are fewer nerves in that area of the arm, so it’s not as sensitive.
德瑞克:其實比起刺在手肘內側,刺在手肘外側反而比較不痛,因為那個部位沒那麼靠近神經。
actually(adv.)事實上instead(adv.)作為替代painful(adj.)痛的sensitive(adv.)敏感的
Anna: Great! I’ll get my tattoo there then.
安娜:太好了,那我就刺在那邊吧。
then(adv.)那麼