
「治癒系」休假
Joe and Diane are 20-something friends. They meet at a trendy coffee shop on Monday morning.
喬和黛安是二十幾歲的朋友。週一早上他們在一家時髦的咖啡廳碰面。
20-something(年齡介於20到29歲之間)trendy(adj.)時髦的、流行的
Joe: Good morning, Diane. You look tired.
喬:早安,黛安。你看起來很累。
Diane: I am. Monday mornings are never easy.
黛安:是啊。週一早上總是特別難熬。
Joe: I know. But I had a great weekend, so I feel pretty good today.
喬:我懂。不過我週末過得很棒,所以今天心情很好。
quality time珍貴時光
Diane: Really? What was the best part?
黛安:真的嗎?最棒的部分是什麼?
Joe: I went cycling on Saturday morning. The weather was beautiful, and I spent a few hours away from my phone.
喬:我星期六早上去騎腳踏車。天氣很好,而且有好幾個小時沒碰手機。
go V-ing去從事某項活動away from遠離、離開某個地方
Diane: That sounds nice. We all spend too much time looking at screens.
黛安:聽起來真不錯。我們都花太多時間盯著螢幕看了。
screen(n.)螢幕screen time螢幕使用時間touch screen觸控螢幕lock screen鎖定畫面
Joe: Exactly. It helped me relax and clear my mind.
喬:沒錯。那讓我放鬆,也讓腦袋更清晰。
clear one’s mind理清思緒、讓腦袋放空
Diane: Maybe I should try that.
黛安:也許我也該試試看。
Joe: What about you? Did anything good happen this weekend?
喬:那你呢?週末有什麼開心的事嗎?
Diane: Actually, yes. I visited my grandmother on Sunday.
黛安:其實有。我星期天去看我奶奶。
visit(v.)拜訪、參觀pay a visit to…拜訪某人、造訪某地
Joe: That’s great.
喬:真不錯。
Diane: We talked for hours and cooked lunch together. She told me some funny stories about her younger days.
黛安:我們聊了好幾個小時,還一起做午餐。她跟我分享了很多年輕時的趣事。
tell sb. sth.告訴某人某事tell the truth說實話/tell a joke講笑話in one’s younger days在某人年輕時
Joe: I love hearing family stories.
喬:我很喜歡聽家人的故事。
Diane: Me too. It makes me think that simple things can make one happy.
黛安:我也是。這讓我想到,其實簡單的小事就能讓人很快樂。
simple(adj.)簡單的
Joe: That’s a good lesson for a Monday morning.
喬:這對週一早上來說是很好的啟示。
lesson(n.)教訓、啟示、課程give a lesson/teach a lesson教課
Diane: Definitely. Now all I need is another cup of coffee.
黛安:確實如此。現在我只需要再來一杯咖啡。
another(det.)再一個的=one more
Joe: I was waiting for you to say that.
喬:我就在等你說這句話呢。