
音樂品味相近
Seth and Vaughn are talking about their favorite bands.
賽思和沃恩在談論他們最喜歡的樂團。
Seth: Which band do you think can represent rock music nowadays?
賽思:你覺得當今哪個樂團最可以代表搖滾樂?
represent(v.)代表rock music搖滾樂nowadays(adv.)現今
Vaughn: Coldplay? Their first album is really awesome.
沃恩:酷玩嗎?他們第一張專輯真的很棒。
album(n.)相簿、專輯
Seth: I think it’s U2. U2 is one of the most iconic bands of our time.
賽思:我覺得是U2。U2是這個時代最具代表性的樂團之一。
one of…其一、之一iconic(adj.)標誌性的、最高級用mosttime(n.)年代、時代
Vaughn: Oh, I forgot about U2. They are very famous.
沃恩:哦,我都忘記了U2了。他們很有名。
Seth: They are also pretty involved in charity. I admire that a lot.
賽斯:他們也做了很多慈善活動。這點我非常佩服。
be involved in參與、牽涉charity(n.)慈善活動admire(v.)欽羨、敬佩、愛慕、secret admirer暗戀者
Vaughn: Your taste in music is really similar to one of my best friends’. Perhaps you know him.
沃恩:你的音樂品味跟我其中一個好朋友好像,也許你認識他。
taste(n.)品味、味道similar to相似perhaps或許
Seth: Who?
賽思:誰?
Vaughn: He runs a record store. He is known as “Wayne the Box Beard.”
沃恩:他經營一家唱片店,大家都叫他「落腮鬍韋恩」。
run(v.)經營record store唱片行be known as為人熟知box beard落腮鬍
Seth: Oh, I do know him! His taste is way better than mine.
賽思:哦,我認識他!他的品味比我好太多了。
way(adv.)遠遠、形容比較級、much、a lot
Vaughn: No way! We should have dinner sometime!
沃恩:天啊!我們應該一起吃個飯!
sometime(adv.)某個時間