
回春的「年輕」
Brian is brewing green tea. Jenny is talking to him.
布萊恩正在泡綠茶。珍妮在跟他說話。
brew(v.)泡茶、釀啤酒、brewery啤酒廠
Brian: Would you like a cup of green tea?
布萊恩:要來一杯綠茶嗎?
would you like…較有禮貌的問法、想不想要來點
Jenny: No, I’ve never had green tea before.
珍妮:不了,我從來沒有喝過綠茶。
before(adv.)以前
Brian: You should drink some for your benefit.
布萊恩:為了你自己好,應該喝點綠茶。
for sb.′s benefit為某人好
Jenny: What are the benefits of drinking green tea?
珍妮:喝綠茶有什麼好處?
Brian: Well, there are quite a few. First of all, it’ll make your wrinkles go away. You’ll look younger.
布萊恩:有很多啊。首先,可以消除皺紋,臉會看起來更年輕。
quite a few還蠻多、指的是好處first of all首先wrinkle(n.)皺紋young(adj.)年輕的
Jenny: I’d like a cup, please.
珍妮:請給我一杯,謝謝。
Brian: Did you just change your mind?
布萊恩:這麼快就改變主意了嗎?
change sb.′s mind改變心意
Jenny: Yeah. You had me at “younger.”
珍妮:沒錯。「年輕」就足夠讓我來一杯試試看了。
You had me at Hello. 當你問好的時候,我就已經一見鍾情
Brian: Let me finish. Green tea can help prevent many diseases and cancers as well. It’s a really healthy beverage.
布萊恩:讓我說完,綠茶還可以幫助預防許多疾病和癌症,是一種非常健康的飲料。
let me finish讓我說完prevent(v.)預防disease(n.)疾病cancer(n.)癌症healthy(adj.)健康的beverage(n.)飲料
Jenny: Oh, green tea! Why didn’t we meet sooner?
珍妮:我跟綠茶真是相見恨晚。
相見恨晚、sooner早一點