
婚禮遇舊愛
Allen and Vicky are friends. They are chatting.
艾倫和薇琪是朋友。他們在聊天。
Allen: You won’t believe who I saw at my colleague’s wedding!
艾倫:你不會相信我在同事婚禮上看到誰!
believe(v.)相信wedding(n.)婚禮
Vicky: Try me.
薇琪:你說來聽聽!
try me你說來聽聽、bring it on放馬過來
Allen: Ethan! I had a brain fade at first, and then I remembered that…
艾倫:伊森!原本我整個腦袋空白,然後我想起了……
brain fade腦筋空白、當機=brain lapse or brain fartat first剛開始remember(v.)記得
Vicky: Don’t say it!
薇琪:不要說出來!
Allen: You guys went to the same high school and dated a while. It’s a small world!
艾倫:你們上同一所高中,還交往了一段時間。世界真小啊!
date(v.)約會、交往a while一陣子It is a small world.世界真小、真巧
Vicky: Yeah. We went to the prom together. That was awkward.
薇琪:對。我們一起去參加舞會。真尷尬。
prom(n.)舞會
Allen: No, that was sweet!
艾倫:哪會,很可愛!
sweet(adj.)可愛的、甜甜的
Vicky: You don’t know what happened. He took my first kiss away.
薇琪:你不知道發生了什麼事。他奪走了我的初吻。
take sth. away奪走、拿走
Allen: When?
艾倫:什麼時候!
Vicky: Right after the prom. I still feel awkward after all these years.
薇琪:就在舞會之後。經過這些年後,我想起來還是很尷尬。
right(adv.)正feel(v.)感覺after all these years這麼多年之後