
法蘭克福機場
Allen and Cindy are talking about travel.
艾倫跟心蒂在討論旅遊。
travel(n.)旅遊
Cindy: Hey, how was your trip? You went to Germany for 10 days right?
心蒂:嘿,你的旅行好玩嗎?你去德國10天對吧?
trip(n.)旅行
Allen: Yes, the trip was fantastic, but there was one thing that impressed me the most: our passport!
艾倫:對啊,旅行超棒,但有件讓我印象最深的事情是我們的護照。
trip(n.)旅行fantastic(adj.)極好的impress(v.)留下深刻印象passport(n.)護照
Cindy: Passport? What do you mean?
心蒂:護照?什麼意思?
passport(n.)護照mean(v.)意思是
Allen: I didn’t know that the Taiwanese passport was so useful.
艾倫:我不知道台灣護照這麼好用。
passport(n.)護照useful(adj.)有效的、有用的
Cindy: I know. It can be used to visit many countries without pre-visa requirements.
心蒂:我知道,台灣護照可以讓我們到很多國家時,不用提前申請簽證。
use(v.)使用visit(v.)造訪visa(n.)簽證requirement(n.)需要
Allen: Yes! What’s more, I found the sign of our national flag at the Frankfurt Airport. We were allowed to use the Easy Pass gate with our Taiwanese passports.
艾倫:沒錯,而且我在法蘭克福機場看到我們國旗的標誌,使用台灣護照可以走快速通關耶。
What’s more而且sign(n.)告示、標示national flag國旗allow(v.)允許use(v.)使用passport(n.)護照
Cindy: That’s great!
心蒂:真棒!
Allen: I know. The sign said that there are only 10 countries in the world that can use the Easy Pass gate.
艾倫:對啊,指示牌上寫了,只有10個國家可以走快速通關。
sign(n.)告示、標示use(v.)使用
Cindy: This may sound silly, but what you experienced makes me want to go to Germany.
心蒂:這可能聽起來很蠢,但你剛剛說的話讓我想去德國了。
sound(v.)聽起來silly(adj.)傻的experience(v.)經歷、體驗
Allen: You should!
艾倫:你該去的!