
無法理解的行為
Frank and Fiona are watching Taipei’s night view from Taipei 101.
法蘭克與費歐娜正在台北101看台北的夜景。
view(v.)景色、視野
Fiona: The night view from Taipei 101 is amazing! I’m glad we’re here.
費歐娜:台北101的夜景真令人驚嘆,我很高興我們來了。
amazing(adj.)驚人的、令人驚喜的glad(adj.)高興的 、樂意的
Frank: So am I. Do you dare to climb down from the 91st floor?
法蘭克:我也是。妳敢從91樓樓爬下去嗎?
so(adv.)同樣、像這樣dare(v.)膽敢、敢於climb(v.)爬、攀爬floor(n.)樓層
Fiona: Are you kidding? That’s too dangerous.
費歐娜:你在開玩笑嗎?那太危險了!
kid(v.)開玩笑too(adv.)太dangerous(adj.)危險的
Frank: Last week, two 19-year-old students tried to climb down from here with a rope and gloves.
法蘭克:上週有兩個十九歲學生試圖從這裡用一條繩子與手套爬下去。
try(v.)嘗試、試圖rope(n.)繩子glove(n.)手套
Fiona: Why would they do that?
費歐娜:他們為什麼要這麼做?
would(aux.)將、會
Frank: They told the police that they wanted to take a picture of the view by night.
法蘭克:他們告訴警察是想要在夜晚拍照。
police(n.)警察by(prep.)在…期間
Fiona: That’s beyond me. Were they punished for what they did?
費歐娜:我無法理解。他們有因為所為而被懲罰嗎?
punish(v.)懲罰what(pron.)…的
Frank: Yes, they were fined NT$2,000 for disruption of the social order.
法蘭克:有啊,他們被罰款兩千元,因為擾亂社會秩序。
fine(v.)處以罰款disruption(n.)中斷、擾亂social(adj.)社會的order(n.)順序、次序
Fiona: I hope they can know that their actions are dangerous to other people as well.
費歐娜:希望他們知道他們的行為對他人也很危險。
hope(v.)希望action(n.)行為、行動as well也