
就這樣了
Jane is at the office of her supervisor, Jake.
簡在她主管傑克的辦公室裡。
office(n.)辦公室
Jane: You wanted to see me?
簡:你找我嗎?
Jake: Yeah. I need you to do something for me.
傑克:是的。我需要你幫我辦些事。
Jane: Why can’t the interns do it?
簡:為什麼不能叫實習生做?
intern(n.)實習生
Jake: You ask too many questions.
傑克:你問太多問題了。
ask(v.)詢問question(n.)問題、answer(n.)答案
Jane: Okay. What is it?
簡:噢。是什麼事呢?
Jake: I need you to buy me a latte and switch the milk to soymilk. I also need you to buy me a steak.
傑克:我需要你買一杯拿鐵,然後把牛奶換成豆漿,然後還要買一塊牛排。
buy sb. sth.幫某人買東西switch(v.)換soymilk豆漿steak(n.)牛排、肉排、salmon steak鮭魚排
Jane: Steak? It’s 10 in the morning.
簡:牛排?現在可是早上十點。
morning(n.)早上
Jake: I’m hungry and I want steak.
傑克:我餓了,我想要吃牛排。
hungry(adj.)飢餓的、thirsty(adj.)口渴的
Jane: I’ll see what I can do…
簡:我會想想辦法的...
see(v.)弄清楚、查看+疑問詞
Jake: That’s all.
傑克:就這樣了。