
污垢、汗水和死皮
Kim and Blake are a couple. They are talking about personal care.
金和布雷克是一對情侶。他們正在討論個人衛生。
personal(adj.)個人的personalize(v.)客製化personalized(adj.)客製化的care(n.)照顧、照料skincare皮膚護理healthcare醫療保健childcare兒童保育
Blake: Kim, can I ask you a strange personal question?
布雷克:金,我可以問你一個奇怪的私人問題嗎?
personal(adj.)私人的=private
Kim: How strange is it, Blake? Ha. I mean…sure, go ahead.
金:有多奇怪,布雷克?哈,我的意思是⋯⋯當然可以,你問吧。
go ahead去吧、請便
Blake: Ummm….does your belly button ever smell funky?
布雷克:嗯⋯⋯你的肚臍有時會發出奇怪的異味嗎?
ever(adv.)在任何時候、從來ever since從那時一直~
Kim: Yeah. I mean, isn’t that common?
金:會啊。我的意思是說,那不是很常見嗎?
common(adj.)常見的、經常的common knowledge常識、眾所皆知的事
Blake: I don’t know. I was hoping that it’s common! So, why does it happen?
布雷克:我不知道。我希望那是常見的!所以為什麼會這樣?
have no idea不知道=don’t have any idea
Kim: Well, dirt, sweat and dead skin can collect inside the belly button. When this happens, bacteria will grow, which makes your belly button smell funky.
金:嗯,肚臍裡可能會累積污垢、汗水和死皮。當這種情況發生時,細菌就會滋生,這會讓你的肚臍發出奇怪的異味。
sweat(n.)汗水pour with sweat大汗淋漓sweaty(adj.)出汗的、有汗味的bacteria(n.)細菌
Blake: Ah! That makes sense. What is the best way to get rid of it?
布雷克:啊!有道理。擺脫怪味最好的方法是什麼?
make sense有道理sense(n.)意義、理智get rid of 擺脫、丟棄
Kim: Just wash your belly button with soap and warm water when you shower, and then dry it well afterwards. But if it still smells bad and is red or swollen, go see a doctor right away.
金:你只要在淋浴時用肥皂和溫水洗肚臍,然後在洗淨後好好擦乾。但如果仍然有異味,且發紅或腫脹,就要立即去看醫生。
shower(v.)淋浴=take a showershower curtain浴簾shower cap浴帽shower(n.)陣雨afterwards(adv.)之後、後來swollen(adj.)腫脹的swell(v.)腫right away立刻=at onceimmediately=without delay
Blake: Alright. Got it! It’s nice to be dating a medical student!
布雷克:好的,明白了!和醫學系學生交往真不錯!
date(v.)約會、跟~談戀愛、過時
Kim: Haha. I’m just happy to help you smell less funky.
金:哈哈。我很開心能幫助你讓減少一點異味。
less(adj.)較少的