
腳踏車還很新
Peter and Vivian are a couple. It’s dinner time.
彼得和薇薇安是一對夫妻。現在是晚餐時間。
couple(n.)夫妻、情侶
Peter: What’s wrong with Michael? Why didn’t he come down for dinner?
彼得:麥克怎麼了?為什麼不下來吃晚飯?
wrong(adj.)錯誤的come down下樓
Vivian: He is mad at us.
薇薇安:他在生我們的氣。
be mad at sb.對某人生氣
Peter: For what?
彼得:為什麼?
for what為了什麼
Vivian: We didn’t buy him a new bike for his birthday.
薇薇安:我們沒有買新的腳踏車給他當生日禮物。
buy sb. sth.買給某人東西birthday(n.)生日
Peter: Oh my. We just got him a bike last year.
彼得:天哪。去年我們才買了一台腳踏車給他呢。
last year去年
Vivian: I know. That bike is still new. Plus, he can’t go out biking now.
薇薇安:我知道。那輛車還很新,而且現在也不能出去騎車啊。
plus而且go out出門
Peter: Did you talk to him?
彼得:你跟他談過了嗎?
talk(v.)談話
Vivian: Yes. He will come around sooner or later.
薇薇安:有。他遲早會改變想法的啦。
come around回心轉意sooner or later遲早
Peter: I hope so. I’ll talk to him after dinner.
彼得:希望如此,我等等吃完晚餐再跟他談談。
hope(v.)希望after之後