
感謝自然
Tina and Don are colleagues. They are talking about traveling in Japan.
蒂娜和唐是同事。他們正在討論日本旅遊。
Don: Do you like visiting shrines?
唐:你喜歡參觀神社嗎?
shrine(n.)神壇、神社、temple(n.)寺廟
Tina: Yes. My favorite shrine is the one with thousands of torii in Kyoto. All the red just blew me away.
蒂娜:當然。我最喜歡的神社是京都有數千個鳥居排排站的神社。大紅色讓我印象深刻。
torii鳥居blow sb. away使之驚豔
Don: Do you know there is a shrine where people worship the air?
唐:你知道有一座祭祀空氣的神社嗎?
worship(v.)崇拜、祭祀
Tina: So cool. I’ve never heard of it.
蒂娜:太酷了。我從來沒聽說過。
Don: When worshiping at this shrine, you have to clap four times and then take a deep breath.
唐:在這個神社參拜時,必須拍掌四次,然後深呼吸一口。
clap(v.)拍手take a deep breath深呼吸、breathe(v.)呼吸
Tina: Because there are four seasons?
蒂娜:因為有四個季節?
Don: Yes. The shrine wants people to thank nature, especially the air.
唐:沒錯。神社希望人們感謝自然,尤其是空氣。
nature(n.)大自然、natural(adj.)
Tina: It is getting harder to have clean, fresh air nowadays.
蒂娜:現在越來越難有乾淨新鮮的空氣。
fresh air新鮮空氣
Don: Yes. An air purifier company has even shot its commercial at that shrine.
唐:真的。一家空氣清淨機公司甚至在那個神社拍廣告。
air purifier空氣清淨機shoot-shot(v.)拍攝commercial電視廣告
Tina: Well, if we keep poisoning our air, this shrine will just become more popular.
蒂娜:好吧,如果我們繼續污染空氣,這座神社只會更受歡迎吧。
poison(v., n.)毒害