
打電話比較快?
Phil is busy at work. He picks up the phone to talk to Jenny.
菲爾正忙於工作。他拿起電話和珍妮說話。
pick sb. up拿起某物、接走某人drop sb. off放某人下車
Phil: What’s the matter? Can’t you just text me? I’m busy.
菲爾:有什麼問題嗎?妳就不能傳訊息嗎?我很忙。
matter(n.)事情、事件、問題(v.)重要、有關係as a matter of fact事實上
Jenny: Calling you is faster. Please bear with me.
珍妮:打電話比較快。請你諒解我。
bear with sb.容忍、忍耐某人
Phil: Come on, Jenny. Please don’t disturb me with your own problems.
菲爾:拜託,珍妮。請不要用妳自己的問題來打擾我。
disturb(v.)打斷、干擾disturbing(adj.)令人焦慮、使人心煩、令人不安
Jenny: Alright then. I’ll leave a voice message if that’s better.
珍妮:那好吧。我可以留下語音訊息,如果這樣更好的話。
text message文字訊息
Phil: No! I said text. I don’t have time for voice messages.
菲爾:不!我叫妳傳文字訊息。我沒有時間聽語音訊息。
Jenny: It is more convenient for me to make phone calls. Typing is a waste of time.
珍妮:對我來說,打電話更方便。打字是浪費時間的。
convenient(adj.)方便的、便利的type(v.)打字(n.)類型typo(n.)錯別字waste(v.)(n.)浪費、濫用
Phil: Calling might be convenient for you, but not for me. Please take that into consideration.
菲爾:打電話可能對妳來說很方便,但對我來說不方便。請妳考慮到這一點。
consideration(n.)考慮、斟酌consider(v.)考慮、斟酌considerate(adj.)考慮周到的、體貼的、關心的
Jenny: Fine. I’m just afraid that you might not hear the tone of my voice through text messages.
珍妮。好吧。我只是怕透過文字訊息,你會聽不出我的語氣。
tone(n.)語氣、腔調、口吻
Phil: I don’t care. Do not call me if it’s not an emergency. Leave a message and I’ll get back to you when I can.
菲爾:我不在乎。如果不是緊急情況,就不要打給我。請留言,我有時間就會回覆你。
emergency(n.)緊急情況、突發事件emergent(adj.)緊急的=urgentget back to sth.回頭做某事get back at sb.報復某人
Jenny: Okay…got it.
珍妮。好的......知道了。