
高中生的惡搞影片
Kyle and Penny are in Japan. They are chatting.
凱爾和佩妮在日本。他們正在閒聊。
Kyle: Have you heard of the news? A prank video of a 17-year-old high school student licking unused cups and sushi at the famous Akindo Sushiro went viral.
凱爾:你聽說過這則新聞了嗎?一名17歲的高中生在著名的壽司郎餐廳用嘴巴舔未使用過的杯子和壽司的惡搞影片在網上瘋傳。
lick(v.)舔、舐unused(adj.)閒置的、未用過的viral(adj.)病毒病、病毒感染virus(n.)病毒
Penny: Yes! He opened the top of a soy sauce bottle, licked the rim, and put it back.
佩妮:有啊!他打開了一個醬油瓶的瓶蓋,舔了舔瓶口,然後又放了回去。
sauce(n.)調味汁、醬rim(n.)(圓形物的)外緣、邊緣
Kyle: He even rubbed a passing plate of sushi with a finger covered in his saliva.
凱爾:他甚至用沾滿口水的手指去塗抹迴轉軌道上的一盤壽司。
rub(v.)摩擦、揉搓saliva(n.)口水、唾液water(v.)流口水mouthwatering(adj.)(食物)令人垂涎的、誘人的
Penny: How disgusting! Why did he do that?
佩妮:真噁心!他為什麼要這麼做?
disgusting(adj.)令人厭惡的、使人反感的、噁心的disgusted(adj.)反感的、厭惡的、憎惡的
Kyle: I have no idea, but it went pretty badly for the restaurant.
凱爾:我不知道,但這對餐廳來說情況很糟糕。
Penny: It sure did. The incident has caused the business of the sushi restaurant to go down.
佩妮:確實如此。這件事讓壽司店的生意一落千丈。
incident(n.)(不愉快或不尋常的)事件go down降低、減弱look up改善、好轉
Kyle: I thought people in Japan are very keen on hygiene.
凱爾:我以為日本人都很注重衛生。
hygiene(n.)衛生、衛生情況keen on熱衷於
Penny: Yeah, I thought so, too. It was a big blow to the sushi bar.
佩妮:對呀,我也以為是這樣。這對壽司店造成了很大的打擊。
blow(n.)打撃、不幸thought(v.)認為、以為
Kyle: I just hope there won’t be any copycat incidents in the future.
凱爾:我只希望以後不會有任何模仿事件發生。
copycat(n.)(指缺乏主見的)模仿者、好跟人學的人