
只紀念不放假的教師節快樂!
“Going to School”
《去學校》
Early one morning, a mother went in to wake up her son.
一天清早,一位母親進房叫兒子起床。
go-went-gone走;去
Mother: Wake up, son. It’s time to go to school!
母親:起床啦,兒子。該去學校了!
Son: But why, Mom? I don’t want to go.
兒子:媽,但是為什麼?我不想去啊。
Mother: Give me two reasons why you don’t want to go.
母親:給我兩個你為什麼不想去學校的理由。
reason(n.)原因;理由;理智;(v.)推理;推斷
Son: Well, the kids hate me for one, and the teachers hate me, too!
兒子:嗯,其一是小朋友們討厭我,其二是老師們也討厭我!
hate(v.;n.)憎恨;厭惡
Mother: Oh, that’s no reason not to go to school. Come on now and get ready.
母親:哦,那可不是不去學校的理由。趕緊起床準備出門。
Son: Give me two reasons why I should go to school.
兒子:給我兩個我為什麼應該去學校的理由。
Mother: Well, for one, you’re 53 years old. And for another, you’re the Principal!
母親:嗯,其一,你53歲了,其二,你是學校的校長!
principal(n.)校長;本金;(adj.)最重要的
“I Didn’t Do It!”
《我沒做!》
A little boy came home from school and said to his mother, “Mommy, today in school I was punished for something that I didn’t do.
有個小男孩從學校回到家,跟他媽媽說:「媽咪,今天在學校,我被處罰了我沒做的事。」
come-came-come來;抵達say-said-said說punish(v.)懲罰
The mother exclaimed, “That’s terrible! I’m going to have a talk with your teacher about this. By the way, what was it that you didn’t do?”
母親驚呼:「那太糟糕了!我要跟你的老師談談這件事。對了,你沒做什麼事?」
exclaim(v.)(因吃驚等)驚叫;呼喊terrible(adj.)糟糕的;嚴重的;可怕的
The little boy replied, “My homework.”
小男孩回答:「我的功課。」
reply(v.)回答;回覆